Monday, February 28, 2011

MY TRIP TO THE FLEA MARKET

This past Saturday I paid a visit to the local flea market. From time to time I like checking out the flea market for all the great deals as well as to pick up some cards of players that I'd like to send to. This past Saturday one dealer at the flea market was having a 50% off sale. Growing up I was never really a big Steve Yzerman fan, but for some reason I always wanted to own his rookie card. Back in 1995 I was lucky enough to get Stevie Y to sign a card for me before a Detroit Red Wings vs. Winnipeg Jets game. He always tried to elude us autograph collectors by exiting the Arena through the ramp located in the back of the old barn, but when we were able to find him, he was always a willing signer. This past Saturday I was able to buy his O-Pee-Chee Rookie Card for $40. The card is a bit off-centered, but still in great shape.

Another card I picked up at the flea market was a 1970 Gene Lakusiak Winnipeg Blue Bombers card. I bought this card for $2.00. Mr. Lakusiak was my High School Phys Ed teacher and an all around great guy! I was happy to be able to purchase this card, especially for this cheap.

I also purchase 5 packs of 2010-11 Upper Deck Series 2. Each box contains 4 Young Guns, I pulled 3 of them! Not the greatest of rookies, but rookies nonetheless!

Because I had made a total $55.00 purchase, the dealer gave me a free pack of hockey cards from National Hockey Card Day which was 2 weeks ago. In the pack I pulled a Crosby, Subban, and Taylor Hall. Not a bad trip to the flea market in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles