Sunday, March 11, 2012

WINNIPEG JETS IN-PERSON








The Winnipeg Jets held an optional skate yesterday afternoon at their practice facility the MTS IcePlex.  The Jets use their practice facility once or twice a month whenever the MTS Centre is being used for an event, in this case it was being used for the Monster Jam monster truck event.  Only a handful of players took part in the skate, but atleast 1000 fans showed up to watch the Jets practice.
I said it many times in the past, although the Jets are the hometown team they are the hardest team to get autos from.  There are almost no opportunities to meet them anywhere except for free public signings. Yesterday I was extremely lucky to get a few autos from a couple players. Alex Burmistrov, Zach Bogosian, and Chris Mason in my opinion are the nicest guys on the team! I'm not sure how they are on the road, but in Winnipeg they will sign whatever you have. Yesterday afternoon there was a mob of about 200 fans waiting in the parking lot so when Alex Burmistrov approached me to sign I told him to only sign 1 photo because there were so many fans here to meet him. He replied "No, I sign all for you".  The owner of the Winnipeg Jets, Mr. Mark Chipman signed a puck for me and Zach Bogosian also did the same. My buddy Mike and I got Zach Bogosian on his way into practice and he signed everything I had. Eric Fehr also stopped to sign for everyone. He signed my new 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 2 card and told me that this was the first time he had ever seen the card. Charlie Huddy, Mark Flood, Chris Mason, and Grant Clitsome also stopped to sign for everyone. Here are the totals:

Alexander Burmistrov 3 photos, 3 card (hatryx8 50/50)
Zach Bogosian 1 photo, 4 cards, 1 puck
Mark Chipman 1 puck
Charlie Huddy 1 photo
Eric Fehr 1 card

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles