Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WINNIPEG JETS & TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON

























This past Saturday was the final regular season game for the Winnipeg Jets and Tampa Bay Lightning as both teams did not make the playoffs this season. This was also the final weekend for in-person NHL autographs for yours truly until later this year.  I did very well getting autographs as all the players were in great moods and probably looking forward to the off-season. Steven Stamkos scored his 60th goal of the season this past Saturday night. I got him after the game and he was happy to sign multiples as well as take pictures with everyone. Vinny Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis were also in a great moods.  I wish I could say the same for Dwayne Roloson, but it appears that he always has his game face on and doesn’t like to sign for fans at any time of the season. Guy Boucher laughed at the photo I got him to sign. Guy said “Looks like I’m giving him sh*t!”  Teddy Purcell signed everything as well.
The next day, I got the Winnipeg Jets as the cleared out their lockers for the off-season. All the Jets signed except the usuals that don’t which are Tobias Enstrom and Ron Hainsey. I was surprised to get Evander Kane for the first time all season. Kyle Wellwood also signed multiples for me. Alex Burmistrov, Ondrej Pavelec, Tim Stapleton, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, and Chris Mason are some of the nicest guys in the NHL! A friend of mine was even lucky enough to get a stick from Bryan Little.
All in all it was a great season for in-person NHL autos! I can’t express enough how happy I am to have the NHL back in Winnipeg! Looking forward to the 2012-13 season!

2 comments:

First Row Collectibles