Saturday, July 21, 2012

SLASH & MYLES KENNEDY IN-PERSON SUCCESS!!!



I am still pumped about this one! Thanks to the legwork of Autoboy and Scotty I was able to get autographs from Slash and Myles Kennedy. Autoboy found out the whereabouts of Slash. Slash and the band were staying at a downtown Winnipeg hotel where not many big name acts stay these days.  I arrived at the hotel around 2:30 PM Central time and by 3:30 PM I had autographs from both Slash and Myles. Slash's drummer Brent Fitz who is a Wininpegger came out first and talked to the autographers for a bit. I told him that I met Morris Lukowich a week ago and Morris was talking to my friend Mark about him. Brent thought that was real cool. He said, "I know Morris! He lives in Calgary now!". 
Myles Kennedy was the second out. He stopped and signed the photo I had of him. He also posed for a photo with Scotty. Myles was very cool!
About a minute later Slash came out with bodyguards. Slash said, "Sorry guys I can't sign. I have to get to the venue for soundcheck." I was holding up the Guitar magazine I had for him to sign and I said "You rocked Wininpeg back in 2010, do the samething tonight brother!". Slash stopped and signalled his bodyguard to grab the magazine. The bodyguard brought the magazine onto the tour bus and within a minute the bodyguard came out and said "here you go brother". Awesome successes today! I was the only person to get Slash's autograph on this occasion. Hope you like the magazine Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles