Friday, September 7, 2012

WILT CHAMBERLAIN AUTOGRAPHED BOOK THRIFT STORE FIND




Today I found the best autograph deal in the world! I went to a thrift store in Winnipeg called Value Village where I was able to find an autographed Wilt Chamberlain A View From Above book! The autographed book only cost me $5.24!! I couldn't believe it when I picked up the book and turned it to the second page and found an autograph from the basketball legend.
If you listened to last week's episode of Autograph Weekly (www.autographweekly.com)  you would have heard a segment in which an autograph collector talked about autograph "picking". The guest host whos name escapes me at the moment talked about how he will go through books at flea markets, yard sales, and thrift stores to look for autographs by the author. Today I had a few hours to kill, so my girlfriend and I went to the thrift store on Regent Avenue here in Winnipeg. I looked at 50 books before I was able to find this one. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the inscription "Peace, Wilt Chamberlain". Definitely my biggest find to date. Last month I was able to find signed books from Manon Rheaume and Rick Hansen. I also found an autographed Romantics album as well.
Big thank you to all the guys over at Autograph Weekly for sharing the idea of autograph picking. I look forward to doing more picking in the future. Hopefully I will have more stories like this one to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles

Blog Archive