Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Autograph Collector Profile - Todd Kirk


This week's Autograph Collector Profile is longtime autograph collector, Todd Kirk. Todd has been a supporter of the Autograph Blog since I brought in back in December, 2015. Along with sharing autograph hobby information like TTM successes and addresses, Todd has also been integral in the success of the blog as he shares the Autograph Blog on social media on a daily basis. When it comes to autographed baseball cards, you'll be hard pressed to find a collection as large as his. Todd has amassed an autograph collection of more than 4,200 items! Here is my interview with Todd Kirk:

Q. How long have you been collecting autographs?

A. I've been collecting autographs for over twenty years now.


Q. What genres of autographs do you collect?

A. I mostly collect baseball, but I do collect some hockey and celebrities.


Q. Who was your first autograph?

A. I want to say my first autograph was Don Mattingly(on a 90 Leaf card).


Q. Do you collect exclusively TTM or do you autograph in-person as well?

A. While I do most of my autos ttm, I also do as much as I can in person at local venues.


Q. How many TTM’s do you send out per week?

A. On most weeks, I send about 15 or so(depends on how many stamps I have saved up.


Q. How do you find information on addresses, signing habits, etc.?

A. For most of my research, I have been a member of  for a few years now.  occasionally.


Q. Do you handwrite or type your letters?

A.  I have to type my letters, since my handwriting looks so terrible. lol


Q. Have you received any letters back from the person you sent the autograph request to? Did they include anything extra?

A.  I've received a few personal notes back. Some have just said 'Thanks for the note'. Once when sending a multiplayer card to one person, he sent a note with his cell number to give to the other guy on the card.


Q. What’s the best autographed item in your collection?

A. As for my 'best' item, I'd have to say either my Team Leaders card signed my Dale Murphy and Phil Niekro, or the one signed by Murphy and Bob Horner. 


Q. How can other collectors reach you?

A. Collectors can reach me on Twitter (@tksaturn). 


Q. Do you have any tips for anyone looking to get into the autograph hobby?

A. As for people new to the hobby, have faves in mind. It's also cool to have a goal(like people who share your name, same school as you, pitched no hitters, etc.)


If you would like to be interviewed for the Autograph Collector Profile, hit me up on Twitter @autographblog or send me an email at: greatestfivealltime@gmail.com

Make a $10 donation to Autograph Blog and Receive FREE Autograph from my collection! Here's how: MAKE DONATION TO AUTOGRAPH BLOG 









No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles

Blog Archive