Friday, May 6, 2016

Requesting Autographed Playbills From Broadway


A question I have been asked by several collectors new to the autograph hobby is, "How do I go about requesting an autographed playbill?" For those of you who may not be familiar with playbills, a playbill is basically a program or schedule which usually features the poster of the play on the front cover and a brief synopsis as well as the cast and characters inside.

Requesting an autographed playbill is as easy as writing a Simple Letter of Request (Click Here for a similar sample) to the stage manager or one of the cast members of the play. I have been successful in writing to the cast members of several different plays over the years. I always include a couple 4x6 photos for them to sign just in case they have ran out of playbills to giveaway to fans. I send a 6x9 self-addressed stamped envelope for the cast member to send the signed items back to me.

Some cast members will send you the playbill signed solely by themselves and some will send you autographed playbills by the entire cast. If you would like the playbill to be signed by the entire cast, I would suggest that you send a letter of request to the stage manager.

I will do my best to keep up with all the Broadway productions that are happening in the future. For up-to-date addresses, you can check here at the Autograph Blog. I would also strongly suggest joining StarTiger - The Autograph Community. It's well worth the $4.99/month subscription fee. 

If you have any other suggestions, please comment below. I'm always looking for ways to help improve my collection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles

Blog Archive