Monday, July 4, 2016

Canada Post Strike and What It Will Mean For TTM Collectors

Free Shipping on all orders over $25 at Canada Post. Shop Now!
With the impending Canada Post strike looming about, it is looking as though mail delivery will come to a halt until Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers can come to an agreement. Right now, it looks like the dispute is over employee pension plans. If they can't come to an agreement, mail delivery will be limited to one day a month!

If the strike should happen, through-the-mail autograph collecting will also come to a temporary halt for Canadian collectors as well. As a hardcore Canadian TTM Autograph collector myself, I can only hope that the two sides come to an agreement that benefits both. With many pending TTM's out there, I can honestly tell you that I have no problems waiting until the labor dispute is resolved.

I am very optimistic that the two sides will come to an agreement before the July 7th deadline. As I read on one blog, this could be "disastrous" for Canadian small businesses. My thoughts are with these business owners who have mortgages, bills, children, food, and expenses to worry about.

Many of you who are wanting to send to Canadian addresses, I would keep a close eye on what will happen within the next few days before sending. I would also caution anyone who is dealing with eBay sellers in Canada to make sure that they have an alternate method of shipping other than Canada Post. Here's to hoping that they get a deal done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Row Collectibles

Blog Archive